You don’t get when you don’t ask
Do you want to get a new customer during lunch tomorrow?
Al you need is about 10 minutes spare time, a cell phone and Google.
That’s what I did this week. for the first time in 5+ years of being in business, I actually cold called someone. here’s how I conducted the test:
- I googled “service” + “location”
- I called the companies that ranked #1 – #5 in reverse order (thinking they’d be hungrier… And my first call was a sale!)
- I told them how they could win without hiring me. then I told them the truth about hiring me (advantages and disadvantages).
Here are the results of my statistically significant test:
- ranking #1 – “We’re already ranking so no, thanks” (I knew this would happen, but had to try anyway)
- ranking #2 – “I need someone to do it all for me, I don’t want my staff to be trained” (I should pass this lead to someone)
- ranking #3 – “Call me back in the winter and I’d love to hire you”
- ranking #4 – “I’m too small of an outfit and can’t support any extra costs right now”
- ranking #5 – “When can you start? The sooner the better”
Do your own super scientific test. Call 5 people and tell them the truth about what hiring you would bring them. Drop a comment with what they said.